Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tubby Tuesday: Melanies Gourmet Culinary Kitchen


In honor of Guy Fawkes Day, for Tubby Tuesday we are going to go a little off the conventional path.  Today I'd like to introduce you to Melanie's Gourmet Culinary Kitchen.  As someone who loves the British people, I have certain cravings that are hard to meet in the USA.  Some items, like English chocolate and custard are relatively easy to find.  Other items, like baked goods are much harder to find.
For years, Melanie owned a little shop on Main Street in Pleasant Grove.  

It was not a large shop, but there were many delightful treats to be found.  Having a British import store half a mile from my home was heaven.  Alas, one day I drove by to see the shop was closed.
Happily, through a Facebook post from a friend, I learned that Melanie had opened up another shop that is cleverly disguised as an awning store at 587 W State St, Pleasant Grove.  When I went in, I found many of the items from her previous store that I had missed, but happily I found that she had expanded her fare to include baked goods like Cornish pasties, scones, and SAUSAGE ROLLS!  I love a good sausage roll, so I was pretty excited to find they are every bit as good as any sausage roll I have tried.
Melanie also has a cooking demonstration area upstairs in her store.  For my birthday Janelle took me to one of her cooking classes.  A chef named Scott Weber who was a lot of fun to learn from teaches the class.  For our date night we learned how to make a curry couscous salad, a pork curry, and curry funnel cakes.  It was one of the most fun date nights we have done in a long time! 
Melanie's Kitchen
Station Set Up
Nellie and I Getting Ready To Cook!
Curried Couscous Salad with Lemon Yoghurt Dressing



A Cutie Dishing Up Her Curry

The Finished Product









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...