Monday, August 19, 2013

So You Had A Rough Day?

As we recover from our time spent at Primary Children's, we are slowly finding ourselves catching up on sleep.  Eva is starting to act more like her old self and is excited for school to start tomorrow.  She has a pink fanny pack that houses the pump that she has attached to her 23 hours a day.  Nellie made sure she didn't have the ugly black one that came from the home-health company, she also helped Eva decorate the pack to make it as palatable as possible.  

We are becoming pros at changing out her medicine, which we only have to do once a day.  Eva is excited to watch her collection of syringes grow as we have to flush the line with a saline solution and she gets a new "squirt gun" every time.  

I've had a few days lately where I have felt overwhelmed.  I know Nellie has felt the same.  Even with all the love and support we have felt, there are times where I wonder when things will get better.  At times like these, I've always felt comforted by a talk that Jeffrey R Holland gave 14 years ago called "An High Priest of Good Things to Come."  He concludes his talk by telling a story from when he was a young father attempting to move his family to the east coast.  It makes me smile, I thought I'd share it with you:


1 comment:

  1. Trevor, what a beautiful message, for whatever hard times we are going through. Thanks for sharing. an keep the chin up--Eva was smiling her lovely smile as I told her how happy I was to see her feeling better as we passed outside the Primary room Sunday. Good things are coming. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...