Thursday, August 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday: "Thomas Is Has Friends!"

Our Little Tutty-Tutt Age 3
Once upon a time Tutt, or Scott as we call him, was just a little thing.  He's 11 now, but I remember when he was 3 and 4.  He was one of the most handsome, lovable and adorable boys I have ever met.  In addition to being handsome and sweet, he also LOVED Thomas the Tank Engine.  When I say loved, I mean: he had a ton of the trains, a bunch of movies, and books and he would only ever talk about Thomas.  


Thomas and All His Friends
The start of every Thomas show has a theme song that starts: 

"They're two they're four they're six they're eight
Shunting trucks and hauling freight,
red and green and brown and blue
they're the really useful crew;
All with different roles to play
Round Tidmouth sheds or far away,
Down the hills and round the bends
Thomas and his friends."

After several million views of the videos Nellie and I knew all the words.  Having been teased a lot growing up, it was natural for me to tease my little boy.  I would sing the words correctly until the last line where I would sing "Thomas has no friends," to which Scott would reply in the most indignant voice he could muster "Thomas is has friends!"  It was so cute, and he was so predictable.  I could do it fifteen times a day and the reaction was always the same.  

As we taught Scott to pray we would sometimes feed him a prayer line by line.  One night Nellie was guiding him through the process.  "Thank you for this food..." she would begin "thank you Thomas...." Scott would say, "Thank you for our family..." "thank you Thomas....." "Thank you for our house, car, livelihood, etc" "thank you Thomas, Thomas, Thomas..."  It was one of the cutest prayers ever...a little boy sincerely thanking The Lord for everything that was important in his current world-view.  As I remember some of Scotty's stories they always make me smile.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...